Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mr. Alligator, Alligator, Alligator

The title is a blog post is a song that my niece likes to sing. I flew down to Florida this week for an interview. On Thursday night, I was standing on a dock, watching an amazing sunset, eating the best flavor of ice cream I’ve ever had (Captain's Butterscotch- butterscotch topping, brownie chunks, and miniature chocolate peanut butter cups), when I heard something in the water below me. I thought it was a duck (since I was on a lake). I looked down and there is an alligator about 5 feet away from me. He stayed around just long enough for me to snap a shot of him. He must have been a member of the Florida Welcoming Committee stopping by to say hello. Since that experience I have had "Mr. Alligator" stuck in my head. :)

3 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

How cool that you were able to get a picture! I would have been to taken back to think about getting a picture. Very cool!

Sister Mullen said...

You kept your head, that's for sure. I don't know if I would have taken a picture or taken leave of the lake in a hurry. He looks like the one we saw from the canoe down in Peru. Remember?

John said...

I was hoping that Captain's Butterscotch would involve Captain Crunch...